tweets

Friday, November 24, 2006

Total Control

What if we evolve to have a bigger brain and this brain is then capable of self-awareness ?

By self-awareness I mean being intimate with the workings of our body like we are with workings of machines. And not just knowing it like we know the functioning of organs but are not aware of them. We know how the heart works but in our daily lives we cannot monitor or control the heart in any way. The awareness I am talking about should enable us to control our emotions, feelings of pain and other behaviors which we exhibit now but are not completely aware of.

Right now we claim to have self awareness and this is a step over most of the species on this planet. However most of the time we dont know why we behave or react the way we do. I feel happy and motivated when I get back from the gym with nothing else but a few new chemicals being released as a result of my physical exertion. What if my brain could order the release of these chemicals just because I chose to ? That way we could chose not to feel too hungry, we could choose to burn all the fat we have. We could chose to sharpen any skills that we choose to, choose to form certain memories or erase uncomfortable memories.





No comments: