tweets

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Gaane Anjaane

I am watching Mouna Raagam. Once again I am awed Mani Rathnam and Revathi.


So I am watching a song , when they go sight seeing in Delhi (SPB rocks. I think his voice in the background adds as much to the film as the people in front of the camera). This song is supposed to hint to us that when these two spend time together they are sexually attracted to each other. I was wondering if there was a more raw way to show this. What would a European director do with this idea, when he cant insert a song. Did Mani Rathnam take the easy route ? I think it would be rather difficult to see these emotions displayed in a real life situation. You can sense this based on how the other person looks at you and if they are body language when you are in close proximity. But that would be a huge challenge to capture on the screen. Desi songs give us(Indians) a good tool.


No comments: