tweets

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Did you know

I just observed our(human) gait (I am a late bloomer :(  )
I was walking towards my gate at the Austin Bergstorm Aiport. A older gentleman passed me, dragging his luggage on wheels. This part of the airport was save of the bazaar like noise. So I could here his wheels roll with a pattern, whose amplitude varied like a half wave rectified sine wave. I remembered that this is way my luggage sounds too when I lug it around. I concluded that how we move is that, we move the left side while the right is stationary and then we we change sides.

lug2   Audio pronunciation of "lug" ( P  )  Pronunciation Key  (l g)
v. lugged, lug·ging, lugs
v. tr.
  1. To drag or haul (an object) laboriously.
  2. To pull or drag with short jerks.
  3. To cause (an engine, for example) to run poorly or hesitate: If you drive too slowly in third gear, you'll lug the engine.

Aside ever wondered why Emperor Penguins walk the way they do. They save energy this way, because they move in a pendulum like motion and the swivel to one side gives them energy to swivel to the other side and move ahead. [Animal Planet , could be my motivation to spend for cable :)) ]

No comments: