tweets

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Born into Brothels

I am watching 'Born into Brothels' right now (Sunday morning 3:30 am). There is this part where Zana the maker of the movie is trying to get these kids of sex workers into good schools and the school authorities reject them outright. WTF?
What bothers them ? Is it that the upper strata will stop sending their kids to this school anymore ? Will this have a negative effect on the kids who arent exposed to sex let alone prostitution. I think we dont have teachers good enough to be able to assimilate the experiences of these unfortunate kids into their lessons. Is there a solution to this problem in India. The kids seem so smart and eager to learn, its a shame we cant give them this opportunity as a society. I know it sounds like BS coming from a guy in front of the TV on his reclining chair, but then I am really pissed with the state of affairs. Sending money back home isnt the only solution, but thinking that I can go back and solve everything is even more nonsensical. I am just sour right now.

-Rajan
 

No comments: