tweets

Friday, September 04, 2009

Personal Tech: Got a Burning Question? Ask the Net

Very nice !!

http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2009/09/03/technology/circuitsemail/index.html?8cir&emc=cir

I've used Aardvark several times apiece for professional and personal queries, and I've been astounded by its utility every time. The answers are on my screen between 60 seconds and five minutes after I've asked them: private, targeted, and generally accurate.
When I was working on a column about U.S. cellphone ripoffs, I asked: "In Europe, are both senders and receivers of text messages and phone calls billed for each message?"
Ding! Paul from Fleetwood, England responded: "Depends what you mean: country to country or domestic?"
I responded: "I was thinking domestic." His answer: "Domestically, it is only the send who pays for both texts and calls. This is the case in all EU countries."

No comments: