tweets

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Workout Shirkout

I was feeling down today morning. I carried it over from yesterday evening. I had planned to go to the gym today morning. The alarm woke me up alright, but no part of my body wanted to get out of the bed. I ratiocinated, and was about to conclude that I should be going to the gym to "work", and in the present state of mind I dont think I can do any work at the gym. I wanted to get some coffee and rush to work and solve some of the boolean equations that caused me grief the previous evening. I somehow convinced myself to get my butt onto the elliptical machine.
As I walked towards my office building I was feeling upbeat, partly because I had thought of a solution while having a bath after my workout and partly because I just felt good after the workout.
So my conundrum is that everytime I workout I feel good and thats the thing I remember about working out. So why does my body have this inertia against working out. Shouldnt it like to do what it likes.

I could just refute all this babble by saying that I dont like the workiong out part and thats what pops into my head when I think of the gym. But there is clearly a way to re-train my head.

No comments: