tweets

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

online reputation management

We have so many start-up companies out to make money by making life easier. Shopping, cab-service, resources for small business. The flip side is many of these create jobs for people who are savvy enough to be able to make their services available on these platforms.  
Kindle Direct Publishing Trulia  ; Unity - Video game Development ; etsy ; taskrabbit  ; Weebly uber ; Instacart  (Source : http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/09/the-data-factory/ minute 16 - 20 ) 

How do people manage their reputations across maybe 2-3 of these platforms providing them work ? Say I make money off of being taskRabbit and build a reputation how do I move my customers to taskBunny if I start advertising my services there. If one of these platforms go down because of their business model will you have to rebuild your reputation on a new platform all over again. There cant be a service for that. Are standards going to be developed to hold data about my reputation ?  This is simple if I can summarize this in a resume with 4-5 references, but what if I am a plumber whose reputation is a function of feedback from 1000 people over 5-6 years.

No comments: