tweets

Thursday, January 24, 2008

SSA and Bal Panchayats

Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) has two aspects – I) It provides a wide convergent framework for implementation of Elementary Education schemes; II) It is also a programme with budget provision for strengthening vital areas to achieve universalisation of elementary education. While all investments in the elementary education sector from the State and the Central Plans will reflect as part of the SSA framework, they will all merge into the SSA programme within the next few years. As a programme, it reflects the additional resource provision for UEE.

[http://ssa.nic.in/ssaframework/ssaframe.asp]
[http://ssa.nic.in/ssaframework/FAQmain1.asp]

Rajan> : "So this is a tool which activists can use to request money from the state and local bodies for betterment of schools. Maybe the fortunate city schools which we went should also have a class which teaches us how to be activists. Be able to cut through legal jargon and be able to use tools like the SSA and the 'Right to Information Act' . It would motivate me so much more to put myself to use. I had to spend a good 15 minutes to even understand if the SSA is something that people can use. Or is it just a memo to the Babu's about procedure they need to follow. I know you are thinking that I am talking BS because I don't even have concrete plans to move back yet. I am sure I will make that happen and I hope I will be a stronger person by then."

Article on Bal Panchayats. [ http://www.indiatogether.org/2008/jan/edu-kidsedu.htm]

No comments: